THE PRIMARY AIM OF IQAC ACCORDING TO NAAC IS
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
THE SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES OF THE IQAC AT ST.GEORGE'S COLLEGE ARE
- To raise general quality awareness as well as develop ongoing quality assessment strategies
- To design and organise Need-Based capacity building programmes for the students and teachers
- To promote good practices in the maintenance and enhancement of quality culture on campus
- To facilitate good quality research and publication among students and teachers
- To promote stakeholder in
- volvement in the process of quality assurance,
- To find A means of advocating for student participation to develop a quality culture within the institution.
Functions performed by the IQAC
- Preparation and submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs)
- Facilitating Institutional Strategic Planning Forums
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Conduct of Annual Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up